含有tell的常用口语
时间:2024-01-05 14:29:38 栏目:学习方法
含有tell的常用口语
1. Don’t tell me!
表示怀疑或不相信,意为:不见得吧;靠不住吧;别胡扯啦;哪有这种事。如:
They will get married soon? Don’t tell me! 他们不久就结婚了? 哪有这种事?
A:He’s gone on a trip with Mary. 他同玛丽去旅游了。
B:Don’t tell me! 你别胡扯!
有时也与其它成分连用。如:
Don’t tell me it’s too late. 不至于太迟吧。
Don’t tell me you’re going back to your home town. 你不至于要回到你的故乡去吧。
有时也可以说成:Never tell me! Tell me another! You don’t tell me. 等。
2. I can tell you.
主要用于强调肯定,意为:我敢肯定;确实;我可以肯定地告诉你。如:
I can tell you it’s all written down. 我敢说,这都记下了。
He won’t come to help us, I can tell you. 我敢肯定他不会来帮助我们。
I can tell you, that fellow’s thoroughly dishonest.
我可以肯定,那个家伙绝对不老实。
3. I’ll tell you what.
用于提建议,意为:你听着;让我告诉你;我告诉你一个好主意;我提个建议。如:
I’ll tell you what—let’s go to the cinema. 我提个建议—我们去电影院吧。
I’ll tell you what—let’s ask Fred to lend us his car. 我说—咱们去找弗雷德借车吧。
4. I’ll telling you.
表示确信或自信,意为:我说的没错;我说的是真的;你就放心吧。如:
I’m telling you, he doesn’t always do what he promises. 我说的不会错,他答应的事不一定会兑现。
A:Surely you don’t mean to say that the management intends to make us work longer hours. 你的意思该不是说厂方打算延长我们的工和时间吧?
B:Well, I’ll telling you. You wait and see. 嗯,我说的不会错,你就等着瞧吧。
5. to tell the truth
用于强调自己所说的是实话,意为:老实说;说实在话。如:
To tell you the truth,I don’t like her. 老实说对你说,我并不喜欢她。
I don’t really want to go out---to tell the truth.
说实在的,我不很想出去。
To tell the truth,I’m not very interested in going to the show. 说实在的,我不太想去看演出。
6. Who can tell?
表示没有把握,意为:说不准。如:
A:Which team will win? 哪个队会赢?
B:Who can tell? 说不准。
A:When will he come back? 他什么时候回来?
B:Who can tell? 说不准。
7. You’re telling me.
表示强调自己已知道的事实或同意对方刚说过的事实,意为:这我早知道了; 你说得很对; 这还用你说? 如:
A:It’s hot in here. 这里面很热。
B:You’re telling me! 这还用你说!
A:It’s very difficult to study English well. 学好英语很不容易。
B:You’re telling me! 那还用说!
表示怀疑或不相信,意为:你是说着玩吧! 这不会是真的吧!不见得吧! 如:
A:I’ve just had a fortune left me, and I’m going to retire. 我刚得到一笔遗产,我打算退休了。
B:You’re telling me! 你在开玩笑吧。
版权声明:
1、本文系转载,版权归原作者所有,旨在传递信息,不代表看本站的观点和立场。
2、本站仅提供信息发布平台,不承担相关法律责任。
3、若侵犯您的版权或隐私,请联系本站管理员删除。
4、本文由会员转载自互联网,如果您是文章原创作者,请联系本站注明您的版权信息。

订阅